Monday, August 29, 2011

FAO Warns of Spread of Fujian H5N1 Mutation

Another post on the FAO Alert, from Scott McPherson's Web Presence. One of my favorite sites. Thanks Scott! It's good to see you posting on H5N1 again.

Click on title for full article

Posted on Monday, August 29, 2011
Back in 2008, flublogia announced the origins of a new clade, or substrain, of bird flu. And I joined right in, proclaiming that the new clade -- nicknamed "Fujian," after the province where it was subtyped -- would eventually cause major problems. The best blog of mine that I could remember on the topic, from 2008, can be read here. You might also be entertained by my original blog on the Chinese H2H case involving Fujian H5N1, here. I know I was; I have forgotten half of this stuff!

Fujian H5N1 was the cause of the father-to-son (or was it son-to-father) Chinese H2H infection back in 2008. The arrival of simultaneous Fujian B2B and H2H bird flu was extremely troubling to all of us.

[continued]


No comments: